Friday, January 10, 2014

True Love Waits

I wrote this one day while thinking about "the talk" - you know, the one that parents are supposed to have with their kids before they have sex and act all stupid. Well, I never had "the talk" with my parents. But, I figured I would jot down some ideas in case I ever have a kid one day (especially a girl). Then maybe I'd tell them about some of these things. For now, I'll just give this advice to you.

(c) A.F. 2/22/12

Wait 

Wait. Just wait. 
Those words might drip like honey into burning ears. 
But trust not the deceiving Claudius with the Hebenon. 
Those arms might wrap around you like a warm, woolen blanket. 
But a serpent lies within, poised to constrict until the breath no longer escapes your lungs.
Just wait. 
Those lips might press soft kisses upon your throat. 
But the venomous fangs elongate, ready to strike at your beating arteries. 
Those eyes might sparkle like a loyal puppy's. 
But this flea-ridden mutt is foaming at the mouth with rabies. 
Just wait.
Don't believe every word the trickster tells you. He lies. 
Don't pluck the forbidden fruit. The Devil wears a disguise. 
Don't let your head be fooled, your body used, your soul broken. 
You are better than that. You deserve better than that. 
Just wait.


(c) A.F. 2/22/12 

No comments:

Post a Comment