Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mary's Sonnet

Another assignment I had in my poetry college course was to write a sonnet. What I came up with was kind of an anti-sonnet. Instead of writing a sonnet about love or something like Shakespeare often did, I wrote about Jack the Ripper and Mary Kelly. The following "sonnet" is pretty dark and morbid. But I'm sure most of you have already heard the story about what Jack did to Mary. Anyway, this is kind of a retelling of it from Jack's point of view.

(c) A.F. c. 2009

Mary's Sonnet 

Her crimson ringlets pooling down,
Flowing over creamy skin.
Adorned in a tight, scarlet gown
To cover her filthy, dirty sin.
Poison-red lipstick marks her deeds;
Panting, her breasts rise and fall.
Within me disgust silently seethes,
Her lusting (to me) is bileous appall!
I watch her in alley ways, dark and dank,
She's tainted in more ways than one.
She breathes into me, a liquor quite rank,
Asking if I'd like to have some 'fun'. 
Now there's pieces of 'fun' all over the floor;
What used to be Mary, for she is no more. 

(c) A.F. c. 2009 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment