Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rock Star/Mermaid Eye Shadow

I was looking at this other girl's blog yesterday, and I saw that she did a really beautiful job on creating a mermaid look with her make up. So, I decided to give a go at it. My make up is mostly cheap and isn't anything fancy but I did the best I could with what I have. The outcome is decent enough, but it looks nowhere near as cute as the other girl's make up.


So for those of you who are interested in recreating this look, possibly using the same affordable make up that I used, here's a list of the eye shadows I blended together:
- Modern Metallics: Sunlit Bronze (Maybelline)
- Colour Rush: Smokey Noir (Rimmel London)
- Eyeshadow Quartet: Retro Chic (Black Radiance)
- Cosmetic Palette: Smokey Eye (The Color Workshop)
- Eye Studio: Amethyst Ablazed (Maybelline)


Basically you start with a golden hue on the eyelid, followed by a little bit of turquoise. You also apply the turquoise to the crease and base. Then you blend some black at the outer corner of your eyes and a white near the eye brows. Underneath the eye is a blend of black and purple. When I was finished, I applied a bit of white eye glitter over all of my eye shadow. I used liquid eyeliner on the top eyelid and pencil liner on the inner bottom lid. Then I applied a couple coats of mascara. To make the look more dramatic or costume-y I suggest buying a pair of really dark, thick, fake lashes. And that's about it. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment