Monday, August 29, 2011

A Review of Mermaid Minerals

For most of you who live on the East Coast (like myself), you have probably never heard of the Eco-friendly mineral make up called Mermaid Minerals. I was first introduced to the Mermaid Minerals products a few weekends ago at Mer-Con in Las Vegas where I met the Mermaid Minerals creator, Patti (she's very friendly by the way).


Although Mermaid Minerals has a beautiful line of eye shadows, skin care products, and brushes, be sure to have a pocket full of cash if you intend to buy their products. Like most mineral make ups, Mermaid Minerals runs in a higher price range compared to regular make up. The price is also higher because the company is privately owned - it's still trying to get it's feet off the ground, not to mention that the intended costumers are in the California area.

Though I haven't tried the eye shadows or mascaras yet, I do own them and will post a review once I've tried them (the eye shadow color above is called Mermaid). I have, however, tried the baked mineral blush, which sells for around $38.00 a compact. Though the price makes me cringe, it has now become one of my favorite face products to use. The one I have is Angelic Splash:



I apply it all over my face with a feathery blush brush, and it goes on so smoothly and gives my skin a beautiful glow, as well as a bit of color (since I'm so darn pale). I love this product and I recommend it to anyone who loves mineral make up or anyone who loves to wear face bronzer in general. The picture below is what the compact looks like, as well as the brush I use to put it on (my brush is a cheap one from Walmart).


The colors in this palette are just gorgeous and they mix really well together. You can also use each color individually as an eyeshadow or blush if you don't want to mix them together. I haven't tried it that way, but I've heard good things about it. And now, for those of you who are interested in a comparison of what the blush actually looks like on skin, here you go:


As you can see, the blush is shimmery and makes my skin appear to glow, while also making me appear to be less pale. It doesn't look or feel oily, and it washes off easily enough. The more you put on, the more you glow - but I recommend a simple swish of the brush in order to get just the right glow that appears natural. To order any of the Mermaid Minerals products (including this one) just go to their website at www.mermaidminerals.com. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment